At Holy Cross, we have three Student Program Support Teachers (SPSTs) who work with our students who have been formally identified through an Identification Placement Review Committee (IPRC) and who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Our SPSTs, Mrs. Elliott and Ms. Zebregts, who work out of the Resource Room in Room 217. The School to Community Pathways Program is located in Room 108, where Ms. Ferreira is the SPST.
Special Education programming in the London District Catholic School Board is aimed at ensuring success for all students to reach their God-given potential. We offer a wide range of special education supports and services that are available to students and their families through HCC. The range and type of support is determined by the strengths and needs of the student.
The London District Catholic School Board is here to help. Our Program Department vision is Success for ALL students:
- BEING - whole and Holy
- BELONGING - in Community
- BECOMING - Catholic graduates
We are committed to the inclusion of students with special needs within their home schools and in their age-appropriate classes.
An Individual Education Plan (IEP) is a written plan that describes the Special Education program and/or services a particular student requires. It identifies learning expectations and any accommodations and services needed to assist the student.
The IEP also helps teachers monitor the student's progress and provides a method to share information with parents and the student. It is updated throughout the school year to reflect any changes in the program based on the student's achievement.
The IEP reflects the Board's and Principal's commitment to provide the Special Education program and services within the available resources to meet the identified strengths and needs of the student. For more information, please refer to the Parent Guide to Special Education.
Please contact the SPSTs if you wish to discuss your youth’s IEP.
- Students in Grade 9 should contact Ms. Zebregts (firstname.lastname@example.org) - The temporary Grade 9 SPST is Mr. McMahon (email@example.com)
- Students in Grade 10-12 should contact Mrs. Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students in the School to Community Pathways Program should contact Ms. Ferreira (email@example.com) - The temporary SCPP Teacher is Ms. Amaral (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistive Technology Resources
There are many assistive technology resources available to help students access the curriculum and assist them with completing their work. Below are some useful links and tutorials students can use to learn how to use the different resources available to them.
- Assistive Technology and SEA Resources- this site, created by the LDCSB, offers many assistive technology resources
available to students and gives tips on how to use them
- How to use the Google Read & Write Toolbar
- Videos created by the London District Catholic School Board relating to accessibility options on the Chromebook
- Student Help on the VLE Homepage
Transition Resource Guide for Students with Disabilities
Students leaving HCC for post-secondary should check out Transition Resource Guide. There are links to Ontario Colleges and Universities, information about your rights and responsibilities and hints on how to get started